Currently the CPCRN is comprised of eight funded research institutions and one funded coordinating center (Cooperative Agreement Numbers):
- Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, Ohio Prevention Research Center This center focuses on urban and metropolitan areas, community health clinics, tobacco cessation programs, and community-clinical linkage intervention using an e-referral.
Principal Investigator: Erika Trapl
- Oregon Health & Science University Portland, Oregon Oregon Prevention Research Center This center focuses their cancer prevention efforts in collaboration with American Indian/Alaska Native and rural populations. Investigators’ expertise is related to diet and physical activity and their roles in cancer prevention; specifically nutrition among school age children, exercise intervention for breast cancer survivors and work in cultural adaptation of Evidence Based Interventions.
Principal Investigators: Kerri Winters-Stone & Jackilen Shannon
- University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa Prevention Research Center for Rural Health This center focuses on rural and micropolitan areas, Latinos and African American populations, and projects to enhance dissemination HPV vaccination.
Principal Investigator: Natoshia Askelson
- University of Kentucky Lexington, Kentucky UK ACCESS Project This center focuses on the rural Appalachian region, systematic approaches to offering cancer screening services at every office encounter (taking a large system from Kaiser to rural KY), and multi-level interventions to increase cancer screening.
Principal Investigator: Robin Vanderpool
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill* Chapel Hill, North Carolina UNC Prevention Research Center 4CNC (Comprehensive Cancer Control Collaborative of North Carolina) CPCRN Coordinating Center This center focuses on testing and comparing the effects of 2 capacity-building interventions on practitioners’ a) capacity to plan and implement EBIs, b) quality of EBI, c) EBI impact on targeted outcomes; and comparing cervical cancer and obesity interventions.
Principal Investigators: Jennifer Leeman (UNC 4CNC) & Stephanie Wheeler (Coordinating Center)
- University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Center for Health Behavior ResearchThis center focuses on implementation of EBIs to increase CRC in primary settings for disadvantaged and minority adults in FQHCs, community-engaged scholars program, evidence academies (one-day single theme meetings on local epidemiologic assessments of cancer incidence and mortality risk factors and health disparities).
Principal Investigator: Karen Glanz
- University of South Carolina at Columbia Arnold School of Public Health Columbia, SC USC Prevention Research Center This center focuses on continuing the work of CPCRN with FQHCs, continuing mini-grants (CHIP)- grantees partner with FQHCs to implement an EBI directed at multiple levels, mapping cancer rates in geographic space, and neighborhood-level social factors.
Principal Investigator: Daniela Friedman
- University of Washington Seattle, Washington UW Prevention Research Center Alliance for Reducing Cancer, Northwest This center focuses on increasing EBIs to improve cancer screening to community health centers, state and local health departments and workplaces in addition to the limited English proficient population.
Principal Investigator: Peggy Hannon
* UNC-Chapel Hill is home both to a CPCRN network site and the network’s coordinating center.