Outlook users: if you are having trouble using the CPCRN
Email Members feature because it creates an email in Outlook with
addresses separated by commas instead of semicolons, changing a
setting in Outlook should address this issue:
For Outlook 2016 Users (Windows)
- In Outlook 2016, select Options from the File menu.
- On the Mail tab, scroll to Send Messages.
- Make sure "commas can be used to separate mutiple email recipients" is checked.
For Older Version of Outlook
- In Outlook, select Options from the Tools menu
- On the Preferences tab, select Email Options
- Click the Advanced Email Options button
- Make sure "allow comma as address separator" is checked.
Once you change this setting, email addresses entered in
"address1,address2,address3" format should automatically be changed
by Outlook to "address1; address2; address3" format when you move to
the body of your email message. Click here
to go back to the Email Members page.